20 January 2024

ALWAYS BUSY IN OCTOBER

With the Twins birthday's over, it was time to get out the Halloween decor.  It's not much but gets us all in the mood for the Fall & all of the fun things coming up!

Ladies night out with some of the girls:

More tennis for Jett.  He's really learning & making some great strides.
Delilah attended the birthday party Hudson Starr, fellow dancer, friend & neighbor.  It was a Barbie themed party so they all wore some pink.  They ran around for a scavenger hunt, played games, ate some yummy food & cake & had tons of giggles.
Jett & Delilah REALLY keep us busy with all of their extracurricular activities.  Dance, tennis, student council, theater... they do it all! And we couldn't be more proud!

Delilah & her friend & fellow dancer, Ashley, decided that they wanted to perform a duo at the upcoming dance competitions.  We hooked up with a SVHS dancer, Emma, for her to choreograph a routine & teach it to them.

Smithson Valley High School homecoming means even the students at the middle school wear mums.  This is Delilah's very first mum & I was excited for her to partake in such a neat Texas tradition that I used to love so much!

A quick visit from Grandy:
Aaaaaand, it's back to tennis & dance...
In October we experienced an Annular Eclipse.  Rich & I watched it from the back patio with mimosas & of course our safety glasses.


Another dress up day at school:
Every once in a while the twins get the urge to get into the kitchen & bake something,  They chose to bake a double layered, chocolate cake with cream cheese icing & Oreo crumbled topping.  They did a great job & it was delicious.
It's always been important to me to put my business marketing dollars back into our community.  Into our children & their schools.

What a FUN night! I attended a costume, Halloween party at the Harkins'.  Unfortunately Rich had to work, but I went as a "Minnie-Bar" (see the Minnie Mouse ears & then the mini bottles of booze around my neck?  Ha Ha!). There were some really great costumes!

No-one was more surprised when Delilah asked me about a week out from Halloween, what "we" were going to dress up as for Halloween!  I had kind of assumed that now that they were teenagers that they would want to run off & do their own thing, leaving Rich & I to kick it back on the driveway with cocktails!  But, I will take these opportunities for as long as I possibly can!  Last minute I was able to pull off a Wizard of Oz theme.  Of course, Rich was the Tin Man, I was the Scarecrow, Delilah was Dorothy (which she pulled off amazingly!) & Jett... Well, he was the TORNADO!!! It fit him perfectly!!

Some random photos that I definitely don't want to leave out:



















No comments:

Post a Comment