21 June 2021

2021- A BRAND NEW YEAR

 JANUARY & FEBRUARY 2021

With the brand new year came the beautiful surprise of a snowfall.  What we used to think was a once in a decade treat is now becoming quite regular.  Jett, Delilah & Diesel all loved taking a walk and playing in the light dusting.


Rich & I snuck away for the day to enjoy a day of wine sipping and friends, with Jen & Shane Bates.

While we sipped wine, Jett & Delilah had a fun day with Grandy, on one of their adventures.

Time to decorate the 3-tier tray for Valentines Day.  Then, our very talented friend & neighbor, Jen Bates, made Jett & Delilah some special treats.


It had been way too long, but I was finally able to steal some time and meet Priscilla & Cristi for some girl time & lunch, in Boerne.

Homemade pizza nights are still a favorite in our house.  Jett & Delilah are really getting the hang of this Pizzaria thing!

Finishing up January with a few extra pics:





FEBRUARY 2021

What a perfect way to begin the month of "LOVE"?!  I came home from work & Jett & Delilah had written a note for me, in chalk, on the driveway.  Melts a Mommy's heart!

I made a pretty significant change in my life in February of 2021.  For the past 5 years, since the onset of my General Real Estate career, I had my license with ReMax North SA & had been a part of a fabulous Team, Rangel Real Estate Group.  Well, I decided it was time to fly the coupe & therefore moved my license to Texas Premier Realty.  I joined an old friend of mine, Tanya Ramos, at her Company called TR & Co. It's been a great change for me & I've really enjoyed my new found independence.

Valentines Day always makes for the perfect opportunity to make special treats for friends & family.  We made some for neighbors, Daddy & the Twins teachers.  Jen Bates came over for most of the "heavy lifting" but it was super fun.





We met some of THE nicest people through Katie & Jaston.  Then, the whole group of us, me, Rich, Katie, Jaston, Leah, Andy, Stephanie & Barry all went on a fun wine trip in Fredericksburg.  SUCH A FUN day!



For Valentines Day I booked us a short camping trip to Bandera, at Boulderdash RV Park.  It was bitterly cold so Delilah & I never left the camper. PLUS, due to the impending snow storm we left 2 nights early and arrived home JUST before the snow & ice set in.  Thank goodness!!




We arrived home just in the nick of time. In the following 5-6 days this part of the country felt temps & underwent some of the most bizarre weather patterns since I moved here in 1980.  It snowed & snowed & snowed.  Much of the San Antonio & Spring Branch area lost not only power but water for several days.  We rescued a bird whose wings were too heavy from the ice; we all snuggled by the fire & in one bed to stay warm; we played in the snow as much as our non-prepared wardrobes would allow; we melted snow to boil & drink; we made do with sponge baths & dry shampoo; we went to neighbor's homes and they came to ours, to eat, drink, laugh & make memories to last a lifetime.  While it was a very strange & unprecedented time... I wouldn't change one minute.  OK... maaaaybe I'd change not being able to take a hot shower for 5 days...
















In the midst of all of the crazy we were still able to celebrate Valentines Day.  The Twins made cards, I made heart-shaped bacon & pancakes & then we opened all of the special goodies.

Continuing on with Distance Learning proved to have it's challenges BUT that didn't stop Jett & Delilah.  Again, they made straight A Honor Roll & met the Accelerated Reading goal.
I guess being stuck in side the home, being bored, did have it's advantages.  One day as I was putting away laundry, going from room to room, I started finding little notes that Delilah had left all around the house.  Sweet little "pick me ups" for all of us.
A few extra photos:

Well, I'll pick this up with some Spring Break vacay photos coming up next!






No comments:

Post a Comment